插入結構
一、副詞插入語
Apparently, it is going to rain.很明顯,要下雨了。
Fortunately, I passed the examination.幸運的是,我通過了考試。
Incidentally, your proposal has been put to the discussion at the meeting.
順便說一句,你的建議已經提交會議進行討論了。
He was luckier, however, because he was only slightly wounded.然而,他比較幸運,因為他只是受了點輕傷。
He is young. He has much experience in teaching English, though.他很年輕,但是他有豐富的英語教學經驗。
二、形容詞短語作插入語
一般翻譯為“…的是,…”這樣的結構。
Most important of all, computers create wide communication around the world.
最重要的是,計算機在世界范圍內建立了廣泛的交流。
I slept late yesterday morning; worse still, my bike was out of order.
昨天早上我起得晚。更糟糕的是,我的自行車壞了。
Strange enough, he doesn’t know that famous writer.奇怪的是,他竟然不知道那位著名的作家。
三、介詞短語作插入語
all in all(總而言之),as a matter of fact(事實上),as a result(結果),at worst(在最壞的情況下),by the way(順便說一句),first of all(首先),for example(例如),in conclusion(總之,最后),in fact(事實上),in effect(實際上),in my opinion(依我我看來,我認為),in other words(換句話說,換言之),in short(簡言之),to my delight(讓我高興的是),to one’s amazement(使某人驚訝的是),to one’s deep regret(使某人深感遺憾的是),to one’s relief(使某人感到欣慰的是),to one’s surprise(使某人感到吃驚的是)等。
China, in fact, has caught up with and surpassed the world advanced levels in many respects.
事實上,中國已經在許多方面趕上和超過了世界先進水平。
What happen to him, by the way? 順便問一句,他后來怎么樣了?
All in all, her condition is greatly improved.總之,他的健康狀況已經大大的改善了。
四、不定式短語作插入結構
so to speak(可以這樣說),to tell you the truth(老實對你說),to be frank(說句實話),to begin with(首先),to start with(首先),to be more exact(更確切地說),to sum up(總之,概括地說),to put it briefly(簡單說來),to put it in another way(換句話說),to make a long story short(長話短說),to say the least of it(至少可以這樣說),needless to say(不用說),strange to say(說來奇怪),to conclude(總之,最后),to be sure(可以肯定的說),to be specific(具體說來),to be precise(準確地說),to speak frankly(坦白地說)等等。
To tell you the truth, I haven’t bought anything for a year.
老實對你說,我一年來什么東西都沒有買過。
It wasn’t a very good dinner, to say the least of it.至少可以這樣說,這次宴會并不成功。
The movie, to be frank, moved me to tears.坦白地說,這部電影把我感動得流下了眼淚。
She wrote, to be exact, ten novels in her lifetime.確切地說,她一生寫了十部小說。
五、分詞短語作插入結構
considering…(考慮到),all things considered(從整體來看),allowing for…(考慮到),generally speaking(一般說來),judging from…(從...來判斷),putting it another way(換句話說),roughly speaking(大體說來),taking account of…(考慮到),taking all things into consideration(全面看來),taking… as an example(以…為例),talking of…(說道),speaking of…(說道),strictly speaking(嚴格地說)等等。
Judging from the handwriting, it should be written by our teacher.
從字跡上判斷,這應該是我們老師寫的。
Generally speaking, she’s not quite fit for this kind of work.總的來說,他不太適合做這種工作。
You managed the project very well, considering your inexperience.
考慮到你缺乏經驗,你對這個項目的處理得已經很好了。
六、主謂結構作插入結構
I think(我認為),I hope(我希望),I guess(我想),I’m afraid(恐怕),I believe(我認為,我相信),I suppose(我想,我認為),I wonder(我想知道),you see(你應該明白),you know(你知道),don’t you think(難道你不認為),don’t you know(難道你不知道),I tell you(我告訴你),it seems(似乎),it seems to me(在我看來,這似乎),it is said(據說),it is suggested(有人認為)等等。
The man, I think, does not deserve the prize. 我認為,那個人不應該得獎。
The air is rather refreshing, I suppose.我想,那里的空氣應該很宜人。
Honesty, I believe, is her virtue.我認為,誠實是她的美德。
七、what we call句型作插入結構
似的句型還有:what we used to call, what is called, what they described as, what can be called, what they regarded as, as we call it,
as we know it等。通常翻譯為“所謂的…”,可以按照英語原文順序直接翻譯。
He is what we call a walking dictionary. 他就是所謂的活字典。
Most of what they regarded as geniuses are successful only because they have made extraordinary effort. 大部分所謂的天才是由于付出了非凡的努力才獲得成功的。
無相關信息 |
鄭州華章MBA培訓中心 |
下一篇: MBA聯考英語怎么復習好? |